Saturday, April 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Results


Have you every tried sewing with a child? Well, I have taught sewing for years and have enjoyed sewing with all my kids but it does slow you down. First, she couldn't decide what she wanted to sew, then she decided and changed her mind. Then, she decided to make a dress for a stuffed dog out of very slinky fabric. Well, that was a fail. So, I decided to direct her in making a pillow case dress for her doll. Not only did she do all the sewing on her own, but she put princess seams in the dress. I was so proud of her.

In between helping her I was trying to make a camera strap cover. I did make it and it looked good until I accidentally cut the strap after I finished the cover. 

 I was able to finish one pillow case but nothing like the 35 we made last year. I made it in a bright flannel so it will be suitable for a boy or a girl. I will try to make another one before I put this one in the mail on Monday. So, my FNSI had some successes and some failures. However, the smile on my little girl's face after she finished her dress was priceless.


I hope you had a good Friday night.

Happy Sewing,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Time with your daughter is precious. No failures there! :) That dress is so cute, and so is your daughter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I hope my granddaughter will be interested in learning to sew. But I most look forward to drawings of outfits that I’m to sew for her. My son did that when he was young and it was so much fun bringing his designs to life.

    ReplyDelete