Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Quilt and Getting Organized


If you don't like to read long blog posts, then you are in luck cause this one will be short and sweet. I have been extremely busy lately but I have been trying to get my sewing stuff organized. I may not have a lot of money but thankfully I have a lot of fabric, thread and sewing notions. Because I have worked in several quilt stores and have gotten wonderful discounts I have enough "toys" to keep my busy for a long time. I have organized all of my thread and am going through a lot of my fabric. Along the way I keep finding "UFO" aka un-finished objects and I plan to get a lot of them finished. I had to make a wedding gift for a friend this week and then I started on this baby quilt that I found. There were only a few blocks finished so I've basically pieced this quilt over the weekend. I believe I started this quilt years ago for one of my children, but I don't remember who. Anway, I love the way it turned out. The colors are gorgeous! Gotta run for now.
This is my organized embroidery thread inside of my sewing cabinet. I sorted according to brand not color.
Sewing stand with sewing thread

Happy Sewing!!
Susan

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt! I love how the orange really makes it come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous quilt, Susan, love the colors and design! I wish my thread was that organized - I don't have any of those spool holders, but my spools are all large ones. Sure would make it easier to find a color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby quilt. Super fun looking. My thread is living in a drawer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt, lovin' the patchworks. :D

    ----------
    colorado springs divorce lawyers

    ReplyDelete